We had a white Christmas here in the frozen tundra! It snowed every day the week before Christmas and has snowed basically every day since. It is hard to tell how much we have gotten in total because there are so many snow drifts. I can walk, and sometimes I will be in a few inches of snow and the next thing I know I will be in two feet of snow. It keeps things interesting, I guess. :)
We opened our presents for each other and from our families on Christmas morning. Steve was so sweet and made me this Christmas tree! I guess he figured out that I really wanted one. He surprised me and took me into the office to open gifts. I said, "why are we opening them in here?" and he turned me around and there it was...
my Christmas tree, Unalaska style. (I almost cried it was so sweet!)
my Christmas tree, Unalaska style. (I almost cried it was so sweet!)
Steve even put all of our presents underneath the tree. We are so thankful for our thoughtful families! Thank you Dad and Julie, Mom and Paul, and Jim and Elaine!! We love and miss you all.
We spent Christmas with my friend Laura and her family. They made a great meal for us and then we played the Kinect video game, which one of her children got as a gift. We looked pretty silly playing, but we had a great time.
Steve got me new snowshoes for Christmas, so we had to take them on a trial run. We went on a hike behind our house.
We made snow angels...
and contemplated life. (Ha! I actually don't know what Steve is doing in this pic, but I like it.)
and contemplated life. (Ha! I actually don't know what Steve is doing in this pic, but I like it.)
We rang in the new year at my friend Nataliya's house. I didn't take many pictures that night, but we really enjoyed spending time with friends.
We are looking forward to 2012. Steve will be busy with work, coaching JV basketball at the school, and playing hockey with friends. I am getting ready for "A" season (the biggest fishing season) and will be VERY busy with work over the next several months. We hope to continue to fish/crab and explore the island throughout the winter and we plan on continuing our efforts to get involved in our community.
I hope year 2012 is a great one for you all.





Love the tree, that was very sweet. Sounds like you had a great Xmas, I'm glad. We did miss not seeing you. The pictures are great that you're posting, I look forward to seeing them. Can't wait to come and visit!
ReplyDeleteElaine
Just loving looking at these awesome pics. Glad Stephen is coaching the kids, he loved during it in N.Y. Also so happy that you're so excited about your work.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are having a wonderful time.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Dad
Looks WAY too cold !
ReplyDelete