Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer's Bay Lake

It is finally starting to warm up here on the edge. (By warm I mean in the 40s) I have been trying to get back out and do a little more hiking.  There have been a few avalanches which are covering the road leading to many of the hiking trails so we can't get back there, but on Saturday I hiked right over the avalanches and down toward Summer's Bay.  Here are a few pictures from the hike.  With the tundra getting a little greener there are so many beautiful colors out right now!


Right after pondering whether or not the horses made it through the rough winter, I looked across the lake and there they were!  Question answered.


There were many eagles out on the hike as well, but they fly away before you can get too close to them so I can't get any good pictures.  Last week I actually saw an eagle swoop down and take a man's hat right off his head while he was running down the street!  They can get pretty aggressive when they are nesting.  Makes me a little nervous when I see them take flight.



1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Kim. I'm sure you can't wait for it to get warmer.

    ReplyDelete