Thursday, December 13, 2012

From Juneau to Anchorage

I traveled to Juneau a couple weeks ago for work.  I am on a grant committee and we had a meeting with the other grantee sites.  The trip was a quick trip and I was only in Juneau for 2 days, but I got to do a few fun things on the side.
 
Juneau is very pretty and much different than Dutch.  There are trees everywhere there! Very big, tall trees actually.  It had recently snowed when he got there so it was very beautiful.
 
Mendenhall Glacier
 
 
Shrine of St. Therese
 
 
The week after Juneau I flew to Anchorage for a fun girls weekend.  A couple friends had some work conferences in Anchorage so the rest of us decided to tag along.  It was a ton of fun!  We shopped, ate, got pedicures/make up done, saw a concert, went to a hockey game and went out on the town.  Here are a few fun pictures from the weekend.
 

 
 
 
 
 
It was a much needed break from the island!  Can't wait to do it again... :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment